Sign up to our enewsletter for updates on what we do and how you can help.
How can we help?
The Breast Health Promotion team offers a specialist UK-wide, year-round service. This provides a range of initiatives aiming to improve early detection of breast cancer. For example, workshops, training and opportunities for volunteers to deliver the breast awareness message.
We prioritise women at high risk of breast cancer and people with poorer breast cancer awareness, leading to higher risk of delayed presentation and low uptake of screening.
These groups include women over the age of 50, from ethnic minorities and living in socially disadvantaged areas. We are also currently working on a training project for people working and caring for people with mild learning disabilities.
The team provides workshops about breast awareness, why it is important and what to look out for.
We also run training courses to give you the knowledge, skills and confidence to deliver this crucial health message in your own community.
Dates of upcoming courses
- Glasgow 1 day Train the Trainer: Breast Health Promotion course 26 February 2014
- London OCN Accredited Train the Trainer: Breast Health Promotion course 5-6 March 2014
- Sheffield 1 day Train the Trainer: Breast Health Promotion course 18 March 2014
- Glasgow ½ breast awareness training course 21 March 2014
- Sheffield ½ day breast awareness training course 20 March 2014