What we do
Breast Cancer Care has around 800 volunteers across the UK. Our volunteers are involved in activities such as:
- Someone Like Me support, providing emotional support to people who have a diagnosis of breast cancer
- Fundraising, raising money for Breast Cancer Care
- providing our HeadStrong service to people who are facing hair loss because of cancer treatment
- maintaining our information points in hospitals and cancer information centres
- helping our staff in the office
- service events, helping at our face-to-face services that we run across the UK
- breast health promotion, sharing the breast awareness message in their local community.
Our volunteers have a range of experiences: some have had a breast cancer diagnosis, some have supported a friend or family member through their diagnosis, others have professional or personal skills that can support our activities. Both men and women volunteer for us and range in age from 18 to late 80s.
You can see some of the opportunities currently available below. Alternatively you can look at opportunities available within our services, for example becoming a one-to-one support volunteer or HeadStrong advisor; or opportunities available within our fundraising.
Please note that while most of our volunteer roles are open to anyone who is willing to help, some of our roles require that you have experience of living with breast cancer and that you are at least 18 months from diagnosis.