Whether you're preparing for a Pink Ribbon Walk or looking for recipes to eat heathily in 2018, this vegetable soup is a delicious dish to try.
Time: 40 minutes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 1 x 400g can cannellini beans
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 500ml reduced-salt vegetable stock (made with one stock cube)
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 100g kale, stems removed, roughly chopped
Small handful fresh parsley, chopped
1. Warm the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened. Then add the garlic, carrots and celery and cook for a further 3 minutes. Then add the beans and cook for another 2 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes, vegetable stock, dried herbs and black pepper and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Finally add the kale and simmer for a further 10 minutes or until the kale is cooked.
4. Serve in bowls and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Calories: 112 calories
Recipe from World Cancer Research Fund.
Support with every step, get active and join us on a Pink Ribbon Walk this summer.