Breast Cancer Care Raffle Door Drop terms and conditions
1. Participation in the Breast Cancer Care Raffle costs £1 per entry.
2. Profits from this raffle will be donated to Breast Cancer Care. Breast Cancer Care is a registered charity in England and Wales 1017658 and in Scotland SC038104.
3. In order to promote responsible gambling, a maximum of 55 chances may be bought per person.
4. Entry into the raffle via the door drop is a two stage process. Firstly, an application for chances in the raffle will be distributed via door drop. Once a completed form is received by Breast Cancer Care this will be processed and the entry validated once age is verified.
5. Age verification will be undertaken in the following ways:
(i) Self-certification – by the individual ticking the available box to confirm that they are over 16 years of age in order to validate entry;
(ii) If this is not done, then by the use of online age verification services to validate entry;
(iii) If the entrant cannot be found via online age verification services, then a letter will be sent to the entrant to ask for confirmation that they are over 16 years of age, and
(iv) In addition, a random check of a percentage of all entrants will take place to ensure age verification.
6. Payments by entrants that cannot be age verified before the draw date will be taken as donations to Breast Cancer Care.
7. Once verification of age has been confirmed, a second stage letter will be sent to the entrant confirming their numbers in the draw and thanking them for their participation.
8. The confirmation letter will be addressed to the entrant and will contain a request that if the entrant does not wish to hear from Breast Cancer Care again, then they need only inform us.
9. The raffle is open to all mainland Great Britain residents over the age of 16 (this excludes Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and BFPO addresses and is due to Gambling Commission legislation). It is illegal for tickets or raffle entries to be sold to, or by a person under 16 years of age. Any person found to be under 16 years of age automatically forfeits the right to any prize and the original stake will be refunded.
10. Winning entries will be randomly drawn in the presence of 2 witnesses. Prizes are as follows:
1st prize: £5,000
2nd prize: £1,000
3rd prize: £500 cash
There are 10 runner-up prizes of £100 each.
11. The first 3 winners will be notified by telephone if a phone number has been provided. Prize cheques will be sent within 14 working days of the draw to the name and address of the registered owners of the winning entries.
12. A list of the winner's names, post towns and winning numbers will be posted on our website. To request a winners' list by post, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Raffle Winners' List, Breast Cancer Care, PO Box 1127, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 3BW.
13. Breast Cancer Care’s GB raffles are licensed by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005 gamblingcommission.gov.uk. Contact: Catherine McCrohan, Breast Cancer Care, Chester House, 1–3 Brixton Road, London SW9 6DE. Registered Society Breast Cancer Care. Registered Charity Number: 1017658.
14. It has been agreed with the Gambling Commission that we carry out random checks to verify that raffle players are over the age of 16. To enable us to do this we will need to contact you to ask for your date of birth which we will use to seek independent verification of your age.
15. Donations from this raffle may be used to reduce costs, allowing more profits to be contributed towards the work of Breast Cancer Care.
16. Our raffle policies can be viewed on our Raffle Policies page.
Do you have a complaint? Please call 01628 821982.
Are you gambling more than you really want to? If you feel you have a problem with gambling, please visit Gamcare’s website for help and advice at gamcare.org.uk or contact the Gamcare National Telephone Helpline on 0845 6000 133. Lines open 8am to midnight.