Open to any Nursing Network member who is a breast care nurse, clinical nurse specialist or breast care practitioner, this group has been set up to ensure the needs of younger women with both primary and secondary breast cancer are met.
We do this by:
- bringing together nurses working with younger women with breast cancer to learn, share best practice and ensure the needs of younger women with both primary and secondary breast cancer are addressed
- being the voice of nurses working with younger women affected by breast cancer
- developing clinical skills with the younger client group
Together we can:
- improve standards of care for younger women with breast cancer
- drive change in the clinical setting
- influence specialist nurse education in relation to caring for younger women with breast cancer
- raise awareness of the support available to younger women with breast cancer
- develop a national pathway for referring younger women with breast cancer to fertility clinics, and distribute this tool among breast healthcare professionals
- share information and support around treating younger women with breast cancer
The Younger Women Champion nursing group meets twice a year, and travel costs to the meetings are reimbursed. Between meetings there are regular email communications and over the coming months we're launching a private space on our Forum for members to share information and engage with other peers.
To join the group, email email@example.com