We understand it’s difficult to talk to someone in person about breast cancer or breast health concerns. Our expert and confidential email service, Ask the Nurse, is here for you from day one.
Simply email any question – big or small – and you can expect a prompt reply from one of our specialist nurses.
The process of writing my questions helped to clarify my thoughts and concerns. Most of the information confirmed what I already knew which made me feel more in control. Having the information via email, rather than from a telephone conversation, enables me to re-read the information at any time and also to share it with people who are close to me in order to help them also feel in control.Ask the Nurse user
Please read the following information before submitting your question:
- We ask that you give as much information about yourself and your situation as you can – for example your exact age – as it will help to ensure the information we send is as accurate and relevant as possible.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to queries from outside the UK, as there are differences in health services and care in other countries and our funding comes from UK donors.
- Ask the Nurse gives information and support from a clinical perspective. For a personal view, or to make contact with someone in a similar situation, try our Discussion Forums (suitable for over 16s only) or find someone to talk to.
- You may be able to find answers to your questions by browsing the information on our website. For a specific search, use the Search box in the top right-hand corner.
- Ask the Nurse is a confidential service. This confidentiality is maintained between clients and Breast Cancer Care, and the Ask the Nurse team in the first instance. Learn more about our confidentiality agreement.
- Please note: Ask the Nurse is a very popular service, so it may take up to three working days before you receive your response. It is much quicker to speak in person to one of our expert team from whom you will receive an instant response and be able to explore your concern in as much detail as necessary. Call 0808 800 6000.