Raising money in your local area is a fantastic way to help Breast Cancer Care support people affected by breast cancer, be connected to your local community and to make new friends.
What could I be doing?
This role involves many different activities which you can pick and choose from, depending on your interests and availability.
- Organising fundraising events either on your own or with a group
- Placing collection tins in your local shops
- Join in or organise your own bucket collection
- Promoting our community fundraising campaigns
- Helping at local events
- Raise awareness about our organisation and how people can support us by giving talks or attending an information stand
- Attend a cheque collection or supporters event to say thank you
What skills and qualities do I need?
- Be pro-active and confident with good communication skills
- Have good organisational skills
- Be comfortable with cash handling and good numeracy skills
- Have access to a vehicle or good transport links
- Good knowledge of local area and have good networking skills
What commitment is required?
This role is very flexible and is designed to fit around your lifestyle and interests
- You will be invited to attend a Welcome Workshop (1 day), and will receive training on fundraising procedures relevant to the activity you decide to undertake
- It is important that you are committed to working within Breast Cancer Care’s policies and guidelines
What will I gain from volunteering for Breast Cancer Care?
- Making a difference to your local community and helping people affected by breast cancer
- Having fun, meeting new people and sharing your enthusiasm
- Developing your knowledge and skills, enhancing your CV
What ongoing support and guidance will there be?
- Support from your local Breast Cancer Care Community Fundraising team and Volunteer Manager
- Opportunities to meet and network with staff and fellow supporters and volunteers during the year
Does this sound like the Volunteer role for you?
If this sounds like the Volunteer role for you please get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0114 263 6489
Choose locations and frequency that suits you.